Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Weekend

Well, friends and neighbors, it is, once again, Memorial Weekend. And, for most, it's a chance for a good BBQ, and, 3 days off. Not to mention, the imbibing of your favorite beverages (adult, or not).

So, let's try to keep in mind the reason for this particular holiday. Rememberance of our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. Try to keep in mind the reasons we have the freedom to celebrate days like these. Please, keep in mind the families of those who've given the ultimate sacrifice for said freedoms.
I wont get into a solemn sermon about the price paid, lives lost, or, changed drastically, in defence of our liberties.
I'll just say, keep them in mind.

Also, because some of us WILL be imbibing, be responsible. Come home safe. Don't drink and drive. I want to be able to have long chats with all my friends, and, family, for a great deal of time to come. BE SAFE.

That's it. My public service announcement, for this weekend.

If you do bob n weeve, let some one else drive. Have a great summer, and, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment