I've been thinking, lately, on what employers say, and, I'm a bit confused,
let me explain.
You're cruising along at your job, doing what you've been paid to do. You get called aside, you're told you're an excellent employee, they can't do it without you.
Stay with me...
Then a rule change, or, any other thing, that benefits the company comes along, and, suddenly it's "You know, we can replace you with a comic book."
I bring this up, because, recently, our company has been telling us (for 2 or more weeks) that our time clock locations will change. and, with the change, will come new regulations about clocking in and out.
Long story short, time clock locations have come into effect, and, there is surprise in the faces of my fellow employees.
I, however, am surprised by the confusion of my fellow employees.
1; we've been told this was coming.
2: you've not said one word about it.
3; NOW you're confused about the change.
4; the time for arguing the change has past. When the idea was proffered, was the time for your protests,or, arguments for keeping things the way they were.
Most of you have been employed by one warehouse,or another, in the past few years. Some of us have not.
Some of us, actually listen to opur suprevisors, say "yes" and, continue to do our jobs. We're not the people you want to PISS OFF.
I understand, you know more about warehouse work than I do, But! I know how to keep a job.
It's not all about "Sucking up to the man".
It's about respect, given AND taken.
I hope I'm doing the job I was hired for, and, I hope I'm doing it well. I don't want to be looked at as the one everyone says "Poor fuck, he has no clue, he'll be gone at the end of shift."
AND, I know, I wont be looked at that way.
Some of you, and, you know who you are, will be removed from our ranks, and ask yourselves,"Why?"
Just so you know, it wasn't me, it was you.
If you don't bob n weeve, you're gonna get knocked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment