I know that all of the people I went to high school with have their own brand of miseries, that only they can deal with, and, I also know they're getting old(every second!) just like me. I have a few words to say to my OLD buddies...
1; There's not one damn thing you can do about it
2; Any day above ground is a good day
3; The more you think about it, the more it hurts
4; If you have grand children, spoil the HELL out of them, because, they're not coming home with you
5; As an adendum to #4, Chocolate helps... alot.
Every day we think we're on top of things, just proves to be pure bullshit. If you think you have a handle on things, 9 times out of 10, you're wrong.
By the way, make that number 6.
When I was younger, I had a really good sense of humor, I still do, it's just kinda shifted. I love a good laugh.
Current humor status is... make me laugh. Stupid stuff doesn't do it anymore, make me laugh. Come up with some original stuff, make me laugh.
NOW, to my point...
I've become crochity, yeah, crochity!
I don't like a LOT of stuff, and, the things I don't like can all be summed up in one word...STUPID.
Can't handle it, don't like it, don't want it near me.
Other things... slow, dumbfounded, surprised, chatty, bubbly, cheery.
As you can see, I'm NOT the PERKY person you used to know, I got old and crochity.
As a friend of mine once said; I remind her of "WALTER".
Strangely, I like the analogy.
If you don't bob n weeve, I don't care, you're gonna get knocked out.
Preach it, Walter...er, I mean, Dale!
ReplyDelete