Sunday, June 23, 2013

What's the Point?

            There are so many days I wonder what the hell I'm doing. I trudge through work, and, seemingly endless weekends, where I have not one clue why I do what I do. Spent weeks, months, even years, without a thing to show as any kind of accomplishment. Wandering amid wasted days, with not a thing to prove I was here.
             Bills paid (yeah, sometimes late), food brought home, people fed and (semi)protected, staggering boredom, and, even a bit of fun, now and then. But, why? Where's the point to all this?
             Yes, I have family, I have some good friends, BUT, I find very little purpose to anything I do. I do try to make a joke when things get "IFFY". I do what I can to make my days go a bit quicker, Hey, I even try to help others, prob'ly not as much as I should, I do what I can.
              Let's face it, I'm not a "Stellar" character, I can even be a dick, asshole, schmuck, go ahead and put in your own personal favorite anytime now. I know, pretty much for a fact, there will never be a statue erected in my honor. If there ever is... WOW! somebody's got the wrong idea about me.
              I have two daughters that I love with all the heart that I have. I, however, feel as though I'm not doing NEAR what I can for them. Many days I feel like a footnote to their lives, an after thought. To be fair, much of that is my fault. When their mother and I divorced, I couldn't be around much, not for restraining orders. or, anything like that, I was in the Navy. Shipboard life is not condusive to a healthy Father/Daughter relationship. Now, we live in two sperate states. Visiting is rare, phonecalls, texting, and, Facebook are OK, but, there's very little in the way of true Fathering going on at my end.
              So, what's my point? That's just it... I don't know.
              I'm trying to bob n weeve, but I just keep getting knocked out.
              If any of you (who haven't given up on reading this drivel) can give me ANY kind of clue, it would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind, candy coating doesn't really work, come out and say it.
               I'm going to forego my usual sign off, as, I've already said it once during this, oh, let's just call it a "Ponder Session".

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so, I can't figure out how to post a new statement.
    The whole point of my next rumbling was about re-connecting with old friends.
    Please, help me do this, I promise, it will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete