Lately, the big news flash has been Chic-fil-a's stance on gays, some of you stand with them, some of you are boycotting, most of you just don't give a shit.
I was with the "Don't give a shit" crowd, til about half an hour ago, when a "Friend" posted a graphic that, pretty much, said, If you don't agree with Chic-fil-a, you don't agree with The Bible, God, or, whatever the religious mentality says you should agree with.
Well, I have to call Bullshit.
I seem to remember, in lessons long ago, that Jesus taught tolerence, love, and, forgivness. I see not one bit of these teachings in groups that claim to be Christian.
Are we not the country that believes all men are created equal? Are we not the country that believes in tolerence? Are we not humans that believe love, and, goodness will conquer evil? If we are, then why spread the hate of intolerence? Why do we not forgive? Why do we not love our neighbor, as we love ourselves?
Because we love ourselves more than any other thing. If someone is not like us, we slam them, we denegrate them, we treat them as 2nd class citizens. How, please, enlighten me, did the human race fall soooo far from the teachings of great people?
People in power try to dictate our line of thinking, by replacing it with their own. I've never been one to follow the crowd, or, current authority. I tend to question everything, and, any new idea that comes along. That's something more people should do, Question Everything. Just because the government says it's "Good for you." doesn't mean it is. Just because the major religions of the world say you should do something, or, think a certain way, doesn't mean you should. You all have what God gave you, and, that's free will.
Pastors, Imans, and, Rabbis, are all, basically, GUIDANCE counselors. They don't have God on speed-dial. They're just as confused as you. Politicians, on the other hand, are just a bunch of theiving bastards, trying to get you to follow them down their rosey path. 9 times, out of 10, that rosey path is mostly thorns, with damn few roses.
Everyone has an intelligence level that suits them, you may question everything, then again, you might not. You all do what's best for you, and yours. That's the Human way of things. That's the way I live.
I don't subscribe to ideas because they're popular, I check out the data first. There's still alot of data missing from the whole God thing, for me to jump onboard the ark, but, I do not discount the possibility. There's MORE missing data from political sytems, than there is the God thing, so, I don't trust anything from that camp.
Boiling down to my original reason for this rant, if gays want to get married, let them. let them share, with the rest of the world, the tax advantages, the worry, the money problems, the arguments, the deciet, the cheating, and, the commonality of marriage. Let them adopt children, because, let's face it, most of you wont, it's too expensive. Let them raise an unloved child, let them love that child, let them adopt a child that has birth defects, I have no doubt they will love, and, raise them with respect, and, honesty.
As most of you "Haters" would raise your own.
If you don't bob n weeve, you're gonna get knocked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment